Pain in right leg

I have been dealing with a constant burning pain in my right leg for about a year. It never goes away and it's hard to deal--I can take Flexeril at night but during the day I have to function. I've had an ultrasound--no blood clot. Xrays showed arthritis in my back. Had an MRI yesterday--no results yet. Had right foot surgery for tarsal tunnel syndrome and I still have the pain. Acupuncture only eases the pain for about 24 hours, osteopathic adjustments only work for about 2 days.

My doctor suspects a herniated disc. Any thoughts?

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 10:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• Wish I would be of help but IAll I can do is pray for you. Hope you feel better
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I don't know if I can offer anything useful, but I will try. Surgery may be an option. But, before you do anything this drastic you might want to try a new mattress. I had terrible leg and hip pain for years. A new mattress solved the problem. My sister then had the same problem a couple years ago. I urged her to buy a new mattress - she did, and has been pain free ever since. A firm (but not too firm) mattress is best. A sagging mattress or box spring pulls on joints while you sleep. You can place a stiff board (like plywood) under your mattress or try placing a pillow between your knees or lay on your back with a pillow under your knees to keep your legs bent while you sleep. This might help until you can get a new mattress.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• P.S. forgot to add....

Don't be alarmed if a new mattress causes pain in your back instead of your leg. This happened to me. It is because your body is readjusting. In my case the back pain went away in about a week - and still wasn't as bad as the leg and hip pain, which disappeared in just a few days. Good luck.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• bump
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 9:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008