Temper from He!!

My 4 yr old son has a temper from hell. He screams, and if we ignore it, he can go for an hour or more. Jumping, throwing etc. We put him in his room, and do not give him attention for this behavior. My worry is, that when I go outside, I can hear him clear as day. The neighbors must think we are killing him. Then he trys the good ole manipulation crap like saying "please talk to me, or I'm scared, or Ow Ow Ow" All bullcrap! I am afraid the neighbors are going to call CPS on us if he keeps this crap up. The doctor says do NOT give him attention. But man can this kid hang! I don't know what to do? I will not spank him, it is not my idea of effective discipline, but do I just let him ride this crap out?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my son was about 3 he started that crap. I read an article in a magazine that said " have a temper tantrum with him" So I did he was having a tantrum and I got on the floor and kicked and screamed with him. He said what u doing mommy, I said I thought that is what we were supposed to do. It only took a few times and they stopped. It worked for us. Good luck.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• although a Good Idea VONI, I've tried that with my son and he actually gets more pissed -lol.. go figure.. we can hear him outside also and seriously, LET them call CPS, they will not find any evidence besides you talking to your Dr about his "Fits" and what they've recommended to do. Some people have strong willed children like ours -its tough ! *hugs* good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That really sucks. My son does that stuff too, I have yet to figure anything out :0/
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 1:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011