Anyone's child have craniosynostosis?

I think my 7 mo old might have it..kinda pissed that is doc hasn't said anything about it, it's very noticeable.

LogansMamma0511

Asked by LogansMamma0511 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Is that the flattening of the head?
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 11:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ill bump this for some answers for you. perhaps you should say what this is so more people can help you.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Craniosynostosis is where the bones have already fused together. Your child might not have that. Your child might just have flattening of the head. Do you have a Cranial Technologies near you? You can call and get an evaluation done. Both my sons had to wear helmets. My oldest didn't get his until he was 1 year so he wore his helmet for 3 months. My younger son got his helmet when he was 6 months and only wore it for 6 weeks.

http://cranialtech.com/
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes, my daughter had her surgery at 6 mos in July 2010 - she currently has had no new head growth since though and she might be having other problems associated with cranio.
    TriciaReuter

Answer by TriciaReuter at 1:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011