Just when you think your making the right dession why do you feel like your doing all wrong????

i moved about two hours away from my kids to do school and get my life togerther after being deployed for over a year....but sometimes i look at the pics that my ex puts up and i cant help but feel like a bad mom. I just had to do somthing to get my self back but now i feel like it was a bad dession.....why do i feel like im running??? i hate feling like this....any one have any advice....cause im going nutts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• You're doing what's best right now. You need to get your life back on track and sometimes being away from the kids is what you have to do. Just remember they are well taken care of and it will all be over once you finish school and you can have them back
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It is part of being an adult. Making choices in life. Some choises will be good and some will be not so good or a bad choice. You are finding out you think you made the wrong choise. Figure out if you should change it. Then change it. If possible. Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I need to make sure I am understanding you here- Your ex had the kids while you were in the service for over a year. You came back, after being gone for over a year, but started to going to a school 2 hrs. away from the kids- & the ex still has them. #1. Could you pick a school closer to your children in order to be more involved in their lives? #2. Have you seen a counselor to help you deal w/ adjusting to civilian life again? #3 Dont you miss your children & want to be more involved in their lives? #4 If you are running as your say, what are you running from? I hope you figure things out & get help if necessary, b/c I am sure your kids are missing their mommy & may not understand your choices. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mrsmom110 i could have picked a school closer but not one that will let me get threw school as fast as i will be able to....and yes my ex still has them he has had them for over two years....i was deployed to Iraq for 15 moths and the months before that i was home here and there casue of getting deployed...and i have talked to someone about it but somtimes its just hard....i do miss my kids that is part of the problem....and i am involed with them but the thing is even if i was home with them i would not get to see them that much...they do miss me and they do wnat me home but my life was a mess when i was there.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• All too often, the right thing to do isn't the easy thing to do. You are thinking about the future and how to best provide by getting an education. Keep your focus and make a plan to be with your kids again.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• As soon as you get on your feet you have to make up time for you and for them but there isn't a person that would be as strong as you in your situation. Get everything situated and you be the best mommy you can be. There in good hands but when you get them they will be in BETTER hands :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You are feeling bad because you did something that you didn't want to do-we all want to do what we want, doing what is best for the kids is often hard. Sounds like you made the best decision for everyone involved. Just stay connected to them by whatever way you can. And do not make the mistake of promising them something that you might want to do, but might not be able to do in the future. Just say "we'll see" Kids get confused sometimes, and they may say things like"I want to live with you" tell them you want to live with them too, but now is not a good time for that. Be supported of their dad. Don't ever be late going to see them, and don't ever not go when you're expected, even if you know you're going to feel bad when you leave them. You are strong, you can get through this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd be more worried about you as a Mom if you didn't feel that pull towards being with your kids. Do what you have to do and get it done so you can go home to your babies. You bettering yourself will better them in the future.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 7:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• coming form deploy, you need to get you on the right track that way you can be a better Mom to your kids
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 3:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2011