Little Boys Pants and Knee Holes

Anyone else have a highly energetic son(mine is nearly 7)that wears the knees out of his pants within a minute of wearing them?? LOL

Is there a pants brand that is "tougher" than others or is it mainly a "keep a healthy supply of patches on hand" situation??

His favorite thing is sliding to a stop so he goes through knees like crazy and he just got some new pants on Christmas and has already started wearing a hole!!!

tia!

Amaranth361

Asked by Amaranth361 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sears makes a brand (I think it's called "toughskins" or used to be called that?) that has reinforced knees with patches on the inside of the pants so they don't show. And they're priced well too!

Answer by missanc at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh - also, Sears has a "guarantee" on their toughskins jeans and will replace them if your child does put a hole in the knee, no questions asked!

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my mom had 6 boys i HAVE 3 holes are the norm I do use the iron on patches and that does help to slow the "hole" process. I also have my sons clothes divided into good and play. The play clothes I don't care much about or how he treats them. The good clothes come off as soon as he gets home from school, the event, church etc etc and then the play clothes go on. I have found that this is just one more way to keep his clothes lasting longer

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My daughter does. I just reinforce the knees with patches on the inside.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My mom use to buy and put patches on the knees.

Answer by louise2 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Patches. You can make up a different trousers every time you change the patch:D Lol:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• For my children, we bought Sears "Toughskins" jeans. They are reinforced in the knee and came with a guarantee that if the pants wear out before the kid out grows them, they will replace the pants with the same size.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I knew a lady that would bring back her tough skins to Sears and kept bringing then back i don't think the lady ever purchased more than 2 pairs .and yes they do let you get a bigger size!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• What everyone else said about sears there is also shopko and I believe jcpenny's.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011