How to ask a man out? I need HELP please!

Ok...so I'm sure a lot of you have seen my posts. I became friends with a man on Facebook by accident (this happened in late October) and we have one friend (a longtime friend of mine) (female) in common. The guy is Christian, single, 8 years older then I am and our common friend says he is a great guy!! We have started talking a little through chat on Facebook and he seems receptive.

My thing is that I am very awkward around men...around new people in general really. I am not quite ready to ask him out (and asking someone out is SOOOO not me) It is a new year though and I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone.

The question is how do I do it? Is there a way to do it without completely opening myself up for rejection? Is there a way to casually suggest we go out...a funny way to do it? I need HELP...lol!

I don't want to have to go through our common friend to get a date with this guy.

Also...some of you have said...be careful, meet in well lit places, but I know I don't have to worry about that with this guy...I just don't.

2010 was a terrible year for me...had been separated for a year and recently divorced. I am ready to love again, just don't know how to go about it, when it's over the computer. PLEASE keep this bumped and let me know if you have any questions. I just have a really good feeling about this guy! There is also another fun piece of information, but it may be silly to some...let me know if you're interested in hearing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Easy-peasy. You have a common friend. Ask your common friend to ask some people around into a pub. And accidentally ask this guy as well. So you can meet up with him and you won't be embarrassed or you don1t have to do anything because it will be your common friend's party. So if you decide in the end that you don't like the guy, you still can leave without any awkwardness.:) Be clever and rock on:P Hugs:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Just call him and during the conversation just blurt out "Hey, we should do lunch sometime". Keep it cool and casual. That's more like a suggestion than asking so it may be easier for you to say. Just jump in. It's not so hard to do. It's just a friend suggesting lunch to another friend then go from there

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you just want it to be you and him I would just write him a message and say, "hey, we should get together sometime?" See what his response is. Or if you want to make it a group thing just invite some friends to the bar or restaurant and invite him as well. Good Luck.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011