I'm in love with an older man....

I am 23 and he is 46. I've only been with one other guy before and he's been divorced for over 2 years now and hasn't dated anyone since...his ex cheated on him. We have a lot in common. I'm not ur typical 23 year old. I feel really old for my age and we get along great. Do u think it's a good idea for us to be together. I would even marry him if he asked me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• LOVE HAS NO AGE!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Having been married for 12 years to a guy that was 13 year older than me - I don't think it's a great idea. Sounds like he's very immature for his age. When you grow up a little (I'm not saying this to talk down to you, but even being a mature 23 year old, you will grow and change a lot in the next 10 years), you will want him to be more mature and he won't be.
    But that's just my opinion!

Answer by missanc at 10:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It is your life and your decision to make. I see issues with a 20 year age gap myself, but it is not my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it is your choice, but for my self. I have seen 4 Relationships not work out because of huge age gaps. Mainly because they grew apart and the men were much older and had a slower pace to life. Where the woman were still reving to go...It is difficult because love does not show age, color, or race.

Sometimes we fall in love and it amazes us how can we fall in love with them. Not in a bad way? We seem to ask the question often.

Ex. My cousin is around 40 her husband is around 67. They don't have anything in common no more although she loves him, she is just not happy. Sad, they were together for 17 years and struggled the last 9 years. Very sad situation... He raised her son since he was 2.... You must really, really take everything into consideration, some loves do last a life time. Is he really what you want??? Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try it. Be with your friends some time with him then be with his family and friends with him. You will find a lot of things you don't have in common. He's older so may not want sex so much and in time you may want that. I just started a relationship with an older man and he goes to bed by 8 p.m.!!!! That's the only thing that drives me nuts. Try it. I dated a 48 yr old man when I was 26. It worked for a while then he said he felt more comfortable with people his own age. I wish he had figured that out before I had given up my house and moved myself and my children in with him! Good luck on this

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think that if you want to date someone no matter his age then you should. You shouldn't worry about what society thinks of you or who you date. It's completely your choice. Love has no age, gender, color. Go for it girl!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Me personally No I would not marry him. I would not even started dating him. The age differance is to much for me. 20 years from now he will be 66 and you will be 43. JMO. But you do what you think is right for you. If it does not bother you. Marry him.

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Honestly, it's your life...
    but IMO, there is a big problem if a 40 something man is seeking e company of a 20 something...what do you have in common? To me it's a red flag on both of you... 40 something, maybe going through a midlife crisis, is seeking out the company of a woman that could be his daughter...
    And you are seeking out a man who could be your father...
    Sounds like trouble and heartbreak to me.
    GL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Hey if Hef can get engaged to someone 60 YEARS younger- 20 yrs is a drop in the bucket! - LOL- You should do what's right for you. If you truly get along as well as you say, age shouldnt matter. Follow your heart. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My DH is 12 1/2 years older than i am. We're so crazy in love, but the age difference still comes into play sometimes. He's 41..partied lots...traveled everywhere in the world & has had a full life (minus kids). There are times when i want to have fun & go travel & he is less interested because he's done it already. Sex is sometimes a problem too. My libido is climbing like crazy, it seems like i get hornier day by day. Well...his libido is declining & does not want sex as much as i do. My advice, don't jump into marriage. I lived with DH for 3 years before we got married, but by then..i knew all his quorks & knew that even though he can be an old man sometimes, that i could still spend th rest of my life with him. Also, in the past 2 years...he has aged a lot. You will notice him aging faster than you for sure. You have to take into consideration that his physical body will always behave older than yours.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011