Has anyone out there ever had a hysterectomy and the doctors stitched your ureter closed?

Has this happened to you? If so, what did you do about it?

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 10:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• well...isn't a hysterectomy where they remove the uterus?

so if it is still wasn't a hysterectomy....

talk to the doctor.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• they would have to fix that! you can't pee with your ureter closed. call the doc ASAP

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The ureter is the tiny tube that connects your bladder and kidneys together. my uterus is out. I did have a hysterectomy, but I bled out bad, had two blood transfusions and when they stitched me, they wrapped a stitch around this tiny tube. Had to have a naphrostomy(?) bag for weeks until they could get a stint in place, which was in for 4 months before I could pee normal again!

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 11:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Sue them. That is what you are wanting to hear anyway isn't it.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I would have gotten them to fix it, like you did. And gotten on with my life. They didn't kill you or alter your life in anyway permanently so, just go on with your life. Accidents happen, doctors are human too.

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2008