How can i stop my bobs from hurting?

I am 21 weeks pregnant and sore does not describe my boobs. I am already producing milk and they almost feel like they are engorged. Tylenol, ice, heat, nothing helps and i cant pump my doc says its bad for the pregnancy. Any ideas. PLEASE HELP!!!

dStacey

Asked by dStacey at 10:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've heard that putting cabbage leaves on your boobs helps, but I don't know from experience. It couldn't hurt but try. Good Luck hun.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• a good supportive sports bra... wear one 24/7!!!! That's what helped me. FYI the heat will open ducts more and make it more painful... try icing every hour or 2 for 15 minutes or so as often as possible... that can help constrict the vessels and help them feel less full - but you have to stick with it for a few days!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ask doctor for an ice bra,they gave me one after last baby,could not bf and i got hard as lead! Looked funny.But helped alot after I got over the cold start good luck.Ice bra(is a bra designed to hold 2 trays of ice)
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it seams to hurt worse if im wearing any bra ive been trying a sports bra but it makes me worse some how. I plan to bf and dont want to dry up but couldnt drying myself up hurt the baby. I was told that if i pump it will make me go into premature labor idk if its true but im scared to try
    dStacey

Comment by dStacey (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• are you sure it's not mastitis or something like that?? you definetly DON"T want to pump!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ok so ill most likely get bashed but i had this when i was pregnant with my second. and someone told me to either pump some or to let hubby drink some. and i know that ur not suppossed to get aroused but it did helped alittle bit
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• no not an infection and im scared to releve the pressure im scared that it will cause pregnancy problems.
    dStacey

Comment by dStacey (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011