Pregnant and Selfish

Is it completely selfish of me to dye my hair? I'm 17.5 weeks, doing well. I know it's superficial, and I've wanted to because my highlights have grown out and look terrible (i won't do blond again----just a low chem brown) but i decided it wasn't a good enough reason. now i feel i'll be on display for my grandmothers (who raised me) wake and funeral all week and want that boost, or maybe i just want a distraction...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doctor to make sure. I wouldn't do it but see what your doctor says

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Maybe try to find someone that uses natural vegetable dyes not so much chemical. I think I've heard of places that offer that before but I don't know how long the dye will last.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm 34 weeks and haven't dyed my hair. I have wanted to, believe me. But there are certain disorders out there that they don't know the cause for such as autism, add, adhd, etc.. I don't want to risk that for my child just to look good.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• no!!!!! i dyed my hair multiple times...and tanned
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No, You can dye your hair if you want too. Just make sure you are in a well ventilated room. If you do it at home. Just know or remember that the color could be different with the hormones in our body.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try a dark brown henna. Henna is an herb dye and works really well. Just don't get it on your skin because it will stain that too...for weeks! lol.

Here's an example. There are a bunch of different blends and shades now with varying amounts of henna.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Henna-Hair-Dye-Grams/dp/B001GIHKP8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294072936&sr=8-2
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can dye your hair when you're pregnant; the room just has to be well-ventilated. Double check with your OB to be sure, but mine said I could dye, that it wasn't a big deal.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm a hairstylist, and I was concerned about color on skin contact and color fumes when I was pregnant and my ob said as long as the room is well ventilated I was fine. As for color on skin contact, ur safe after the first trimester!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't do it because the chemicals are teratogen. They COULD affect your. It's not a guarentee but they could.
    Anonymous