Mobile phone next of kin

I heard this question last year sometimes and it stuck in my head. Do you have your SO/HB/next of kins name in your mobile phone as Tomi (HB,SO/NOK)? There were so many accidents on the road last year and the police and fire fighters asked the people to do this favour for them. So if there is a trouble they can contact the Next of Kin ASAP. Do you think it is important? Do you do that?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 11:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have ICE...In Case of Emergency...contacts. My DH works for a fire fighter that owns a seperate business...they ask that we use ICE, makes it easier on them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have an "ICE" number on my phone (in case of emergency).
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It is an "ICE" contact - In Case of Emergency...and my husband and one of my adult sons are listed as my ICE contacts in my cell phone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have a 3 ICE in my phone just in case they can't get ahold of one of them.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah, we were taught ICE Daughter or ICE Parents.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My phone locks, but you only have to press the symbol on my phone that looks like a padlock to unlock it. And my phone has room for 3 ICE contacts. It also lists the ICE contacts in my regular contact list in red.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i also do ICE too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• And most new phones have ICE as an option.
    twinsplus2more

• 5 Baby Bees: The Police and The Fire Brigades made Awareness Video Clips for people who watch TV or read newspapers, etc. They asked everyone to try to make sure if there is an emergency someone can contact your family. About the locks. In England there is only a key lock and the combination appears on the screen of the phone. But in Hungary there is PIN code for every phones. So yeah, that could be a problem. But still I think it is a good idea to have a number in your wallet or in your purse, phone for emergency.

adriennfaklya

Comment by adriennfaklya (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011