Kicked out of school??

my daughter tried to overdose because of her depression and this happened at school during school time. After talking to the principal and counselor she continued to stay at school but saw a counselor and is still talking to one. Recently someone at school told the school counselor that my daughter was going around asking people for depression pills. This got around to the principal and now wants to have a meeting with me. Is it possible that my daughetr be kicked out of school because of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It is difficult to say. But it might be the best thing for her. What do the counselor's say. Have they been able to determine what is causing the depression? Is it chemical? Is it stress related?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes. It sounds like you need to get your DD help.

Answer by louise2 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it is more possible that they are going to want you to look at some kind of in patient care facility. She needs more just a simple counselor. She needs intensive therapy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If they found drugs on her, or in her locker she could be. You need to look online at the school handbook to see what punishments are. On just word of mouth I dont think they can do much. My son was accused of spitting on a girls backpack a couple weeks ago. The school had no proof other then a he said/she said situation and he didnt get into trouble. I know drugs is alot worse, but unless she had them on her how can they prove it isnt someone making it up?
    Now as for your daughter if she is having problems you might want to look into some long term care for her. I have a son with Bipolar disorder and we had to get him into a 10 day program and he was alot better after.

Answer by gemgem at 11:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think everyone above said all of my opinions I just want to wish you luck and let you know that we support you and if you need anything you know where to find us.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The trying to overdose took place in April 2010 and the accusation just happened 3 weeks ago. She does see a counselor outside of school every week and one at scool every monday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• They did not find any drugs on her or in her locker.She even told them that she gives them permisiion to check her locker, bags, purse every day if they want to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thanks you ALL for your advice especially you proud mommy 05 I just might send you a friend request because I need someone to talk to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes, it does. She ASKED others for DRUGS in school, schools have a ZERO tolerance policy for drugs in school. It sounds like your daughter wasn't ready to be back in school and needs more intensive help than she is getting. I hope she gets better soon, depression is horrible..I have been there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If I were you I'd take her out of school and put her in some kind of treatment. Her life is way more important than her grades and she's in serious trouble.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011