Do you know of anything to relieve the pain/itching of poison ivy?

My husband came in contact with poison ivy the other day, and didn't bother to wash because he doesn't have much of a reaction to it...well, he blanked on the fact that the oil was probably still on him and his clothes, and he touched me, so now I'VE got a rash :( It's swollen and itchy. Hydro cortisone helps only a little. Do any of you knowledgeable ladies know of any other over-the-counter creams I can use for more relief?

Cartercasa

Asked by Cartercasa at 11:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• there is a cream you can buy. it's actually a scrub (you rub it in then rinse it off) It's called Zanfel. you can get it at walmart, CVS, walgreens etc. OMG that was a wonder drug! I am highly allergic to poison ivy.

Zanfel Poison Ivy Cream

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• calmail lotion its pink.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal...Did I mention oatmeal???

Put a bit of oatmeal in the bottom of a nylon sock and tie it off. Get it wet with warm water and squeeze until the water oozes out thicker and whitish. Rub this "paste" on the effected areas. It will work wonders.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Tea tree oil.....
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008