My daughter Appetite is not good??? Need Advice

I have a 15 month old daughter and she really doesnt have a good appetite she is not the type of baby that will take 3 meals a day like she is suppose 2 she eats her cheerios and oatmeal but then i tried to feed her lunch and she wont eat it she is really picky there is days that she wont eat at all only drink milk from her bottle but i tried so hard to giver solid foods like rice she could only take a couple of bites but then she dont want nothing else she likes the graduates cinnamon marple and cheddar snacks it looks like puffs Cheetos and she likes applesauce and other little things and drinks her juice which she loves but she is not a 3 meal baby that can eat more what should i do should i talk to her doctor or what else can i do please help im so concern. Thanks

Replying Back: Wow it makes me feel such a relieve that is a phase thing but im concern bout her weight because on her 12 month check up they said she was 1/2 pound under weight but she was 28 inch long i think it could be because of her height but next week she has her 15 month check up then i will know her weight if she gain weight then i wont be 2 concern but i will still ask her doctor so i can try new tricks on how to feed her better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is like that. AS long as she is gaining weight and meeting her milestones she'll be fine.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would talk to your doctor.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• picky eater phase! she might also just not be hungry when you offer her foods. just keep offering healthy foods/favorite foods to her and let her pick at it. a couple bites here and there is better than nothing! my son just got over another picky eater phase. it drove me nuts but he got over it! he didnt want to eat his meals but would eat toast or an apple...hey better than nothing at all and they are healthy!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• How is her weight? Does she have a history of acid reflux? If her wt is fine, I wouldnt' worry much. If she starts losing, get her to the doctor. My dd was in speech therapy for feeding therapy due to food adversions.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Instead of worrying about how many meals she eats...work on healthy foods when she wants to eat...that means any snacks should be healthy. Since their tummys are not that big, very little food is required to fill them up which means that she may not be hungry on a normal schedual.
    Also, kids will not starve. At this age, they eat what their bodies need to stay healthy. As long as she is eating, she is in no danger of starving.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son goes through that too. At that age I would limit his milk for a few hours and feed him, not giving him his sippy until half way through the meal so he wouldn't just get full on milk. That helped some days. Now at 2 years (26 1/2 months) he eats like a bird somedays, but he gains weight and is active so I don't worry. I do give him vitamins though, because some days I know he's not getting the nutrients he needs - although i feed him nutritious foods, he doesn't always eat them.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Just give her something every couple of hours and keep a eye on her weight and growth.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Responding to your added information. It may not be such a bad idea to go ahead and get her evaluated by speech therapy, they are the ones who deal with feeding issues. It helped my daughter SO much. Also, try to add avacado to her diet. I don't know what she drinks, milk/formula/breastmilk etc... but as long as she doesnt have a dairy allergy, adding carnation instant breakfast to her milk will help. If she is still on formula, ask about making it so she is getting more calories/ounce. 30cals/ounce is what my dd was on. It is usually 20. If she is still breastfed, add extra feedings
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• she will be fine for a few days and as long as she seems fine then I would not worry to much since kids go through phases. If in doubt call the doctor. But maybe add a vitaman or even those kids ensure drinks that come in flavors and that will give her what she might be missing in meals.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Does she take a vitamin. I wouldn't worry about it if her weight is fine. My daughter is like that from time to time. I have noticed when i give her a vitamin her appetite increases. Usually i feed her what she likes best and then she will get tired of the same thing.I take advantage of that and introduce her to new foods.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 12:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011