How can I get our love life back on track? adult content

My DH and I have been together/married for 9 years now. We had our one and only son almost 3 years ago. Lately it seems like everyday is becoming more and more stressful. Our son throws tantrums all the time, and it has really put a strain on us. Now I'm starting to feel like my relationship with my DH is growing more and more distant. Before our son was born, our sex life was was amazing and constant. But now, it seems like we go at least a week before I even realize that we haven't been together. (that's a long time for us) It has started to make me depressed. And when we do "get together," the spark has faded. We try to go on date nights, but with my mom as our only babysitter, those dates are few and far between. Can anyone out there relate and/or offer some advice?

mommabecky83

Asked by mommabecky83 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Give DS a lavendar bath to calm him and let him know that it will soon be bed time. Once he's in bed and asleep put on something that your DH loves seeing you in (bra and panties, his t shirt, sexy lingire, etc...) and surprise him.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I like Proud_mommy05's idea. Sometimes a little spice is all you need. Try just making out first. With DH and I, it's kind of business as usual and sex is always the same. But one night something got into us and we started making out and the sex was freaking awesome. We also sometimes go a week before I realize we hadn't had sex.

I would also just have a talk about fantasies, etc. Even though y'all probably had that talk a long time ago, sometimes tastes change. I would go to a sex shop buy some aroma therapy stuff, something sexy to wear maybe a toy or two, maybe a game. Then just relax and have fun.
    emmiesmommy1113

Answer by emmiesmommy1113 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• A least twice a week I would make sure to put your son to bed early. Give him a nice warm bath, read him some books and put him to bed. Then I would make a nice dinner for you and your husband, cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie and see where it goes from there. ;) If you can go out and have a "date night" then make sure you have some at home. Thats what we do and trust me it feels great. Best of LUCK!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• well, you know some of the main points thats hurting the marriage but you also have to hear his side as well. Sit down with him and the two of you work on a plan that will get the two of you back on track...and don't forget to get a hold of those temper tantrums from your child...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• mom2mybabes, I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I would LOVE to get a hold of my son's tantrums. Can you offer any advice on that? At his age, everything is a constant power struggle; put your coat on, time for a bath, please eat your dinner, etc...
    mommabecky83

Comment by mommabecky83 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• DH and i have the SAME problem! Our kids go to bed at 8pm every night. We rarely have the money to have a date night. And when he says snotty things, my emotions get tied up with that I don't want him to even touch me when I'm mad. We go sometimes 2 weeks before having any intimacy but the difference is, he doesn't let me forget how long its been! He swears we should be doing it at least 3 times a week like we were first dating, and doesn't understand that things change. We have an almost 3 yr old and it just doesn't happen how it did before. PLEASE let me know if you get an answer to this! I want to get my love life back...
    thomasfam14

Answer by thomasfam14 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011