Are there really people who do nothing all day except sit on their butts

and type up fake Craigslist ads? It's so frustrating to try to find an apartment when 75% of them are spam posts. Is this bots or is there really someone that does nothing all day except posts these ridiculous ads on Craigslist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm so sorry. We used Craig's List once to give away a pool table - we got so many replies that were spam and other nonsense. Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with it in trying to find a new place.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have been dissapointed about the ads too. we've been looking for a new place and the ones in our price range are all spam. I send the person an email of interest, they "reply" minutes later and act all nice and funny, then ask for my ssn so they can do a background check. I dont thiiiiiiiiiiink so!!!!!! many of the replies were similar so I knew it was spam
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wrote so many letters to Craigslist because when I was trying to find a job - all of the replys were spam. It was so sad with so many people being out of work and trying really hard to find a job, just to get a fricken spam reply!!! I feel your frustration and hope Karma hits these spammers full-on!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• They get paid for it my friend thinks they are in a situation like a phone room only they use it to get and sell peoples emails.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes because its good money. They are so good at what they do and there are a lot of people out there that dont double check things and dont believe scam actually happens or will happen to the,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have never had that problem, i've sold several things and found jobs on cl with no trouble. you could try putting in more settings which might make it easier to stop the spammers
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would try apartment.com
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011