my 2 sd's follow my dd around like crazy and dd is tired of it.

now my sd's are not lil they are 12 and 11 yrs old my dd is 13. they all hang out together all weekend they all go to the same school but on the weekends when there all hangin out dd will get up to go to the bathroom and low and behold she looks and there right behind her she will tell them im just going to the bathroom i will be right back they will wait outside the door. if dd has to bring out trash they will follow her and say what are u doing. if dd is washing dishes they are right there. she is getting to the point were shes like mom i cant do anything w/ out them being there or asking me a hundred questions. i just tell her they really like hangin out with her, and my dh has asked them to back off a lil its not like she is leaving and feeding an imagenary pony and there missing out. i have run out of ideas. its getting worse as she gets older, she loves them over but after 24 hours she wants to go to the bathroom with out being followed and asked whatcha doing..were u going..any ideas ladys? any one also have to deal w/ this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It sounds like they really like your DD, and look up to her. Maybe you could have a talk with them about personal space, and the need everyone has to just be by themselves? It doesn't sound like they are trying to be "bad," they just want to do what your DD does.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• scuba u are more then right least thats how i feel. we have had a sit down but it dosent seem to help. and i have told dd that they just really enjoy hangin out with her and hopefuly someday they will come into there own and im sure dd would then be bummed that now they dont care what she is doing or were she is going..she of corse cant wait. we all thought it was a faze but that was 8 yrs ago. and 8 yrs ago dd loved it but after so long shes tired of it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would just sit them down and give them a little lesson in personal space... let them know that you DD really loves them and loves the fact that they look up to her but she would really like to have some time of her own. If that doesn't work out I would suggest letting your daughter go out with some friends so she can get away as well !! Good luck momma
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 11:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That's part of having little sister's I'm afraid. Wait till they start stealing her clothes and wearing her mak up! Are they there all the time or every other weekend?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• haha. I used to do that to my sister. I think I was younger than 11 though.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my question is why is the 13 yr old doing all the work?? designate chores to get them off her.Sounds like 13 yr old is doing too much.Arrange for 13 yr old to do something with HER friends and no sibs aloud.At 11 and 12 they should be more used to having chores too.good luck
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ohhh dont get me wrong i have my 2 sds doing chores also, but dd dosent have to do much i dont know how doing some dishes or taken out trash consists of alot. lol.. i make sds scoop litter or sweep the bathroom. anyways dd is now starting to do her own things w/ friends but they also have some of the same friends ( again same school ) so it turns into they all want to go to such and suchs house which is fine w/ dd its just when everyone is home they follow her all weekend. we live 3 mins from my sd's so they are always asking to come over and i dont want to deney them but now i have to look at dd like they want to come over and most times shes happy about it, but after 24 hours to her it gets old and she just wants to pee with out company lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't make an issue out of it. Think this way, if they all lived together full time, what would you do? Parents who have 3 children close in age face this all the time. In my opinion, as long as no child is being harmed lol...let them work it out. You can set boundries, but don't make them individual, make rules that go for all of the girls. Ex: If anyone goes to the bathroom, and doesn't ask for company, you are not allowed to go in the bathroom, or wait outside the door because it's annoying.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• im with scuba
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What would you do if these were biological sibs of your DD? Do what you would do in that case. If she is feeling smothered, tell them to back off.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011