I need more help!

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and having my first baby in Feb. I work only 20 hours a week. I do all the housework and cooking. I'm worried about when the baby comes that the house will be destroyed all the time and nothing will ever get done. Has anyone else been through this? How do get the help you need?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Don't stress yourself out! In my case, nothing really got "destroyed," it didn't take me long at all to get in the swing of things. If you need help after the baby comes, just ask someone! You could even hire a housekeeper once a week if you wanted to.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Don't worry, relax, it will get done, maybe not at the same pace as before your little one was here, but it will get done. And when u have your little one, your priorities change and u won't freak out as much about the house work! Trust me, u will figure out how to take care of your family and household at the same time, it might take a little while to get your new routine down, but u WILL get it! Good luck mama 2 b! My best advice is don't sweat the small things!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Also mama 2 b, do u have a hubby or boyfriend that u could talk to about how your feeling, so that they can help u out with some of the household responsibilities? Kindly remind that person that u work too, and that u r a team and it took two to make this baby. If u don't have someone, then just remember not to overwork urself!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes. I live with my bf and have talked to him about it. I just don't think it will get done when the time comes. I mean I don't need the house to look perfect, just kept up. Like dishes not piled, mounds of laundry everywhere, etc.. This is my first baby and I'm breast feeding, so I really don't know what to expect when it comes to having time for other things. I'm clueless in that dept.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Just accept that you can't do it all. So what if the laundry doesnt get folded! So What if dinner is hotdogs and Baked Beans. No one will die and you will create a schedule that works for you. My family was great they had food delievered to the house from a service so that there was one less thing for me to do.
    MsLegalBriefs

Answer by MsLegalBriefs at 6:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011