As a Pagan, I am often asked (by Christians) "Why do you worship the creation but not the creator?"

When are you all going to finally admit that not everyone believes that your creator created our creation?

(and therefore is not "Lord of all creation") 

s/o of THIS question 

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think all most of these answers on the first few pages have proven is they didn't bother to read the question linked in the OP (or the collapsed answer inside it that had so many downvotes for saying EXACTLY what MK quoted). Failing to see how someone is a troll for asking someone to clarify their bigoted statement?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm not a Christian but this question F'd up. Your just another troll starting problems. When are YOU going to admt not everyone thinks like you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• well you can believe what you want and i'll continue to believe that there is only one true God, and to me He is the Lord of all creation, I do not bash non-Christians and expect the same respect :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• How is this person a troll if they are asking a question that just happens to be unpopular? Yes, this is a very blunt way of asking but as a Pagan myself it is a very frustrating feeling! We don't go around asking Christians why they believe the way they do when we find out that they are Christian. We would expect the same in return. This question is simply turning the tables on Christians. See how defensive everyone gets? That's exactly what its like for us.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• MamaK88, I know exactly how you feel. I am all for respecting everyone's right to worship and believe as they choose. The problem that Christians can't get through their thick skulls is that the respect has to go both ways, they need to leave us alone, just as we leave them alone. They try to play the victim card all the time, crying about how Christianity is being destroyed, blah blah blah... Last time I checked, Christianity was still the majority religion in America, so know one is "destroying" it, accept maybe their own kind. Wars, murder, rape, pillaging, brainwashing, stealing.. .all done in the name of their God. How sad.

We Pagans very much worship and thank our creators for what we have, just as much, if not more than we do the creations. We do it in peaceful ways, too. Going out of our way to be kind to people, and helping when we can. Trying to teach true love, patience and acceptance.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't believe as Christians do but they can believe how they want. We all have the freedom to believe how we want. If they believe their God is the Lord of all Creation that is their belief. I am not sure how it affects you if you don't believe that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 1. Its a legitimate concern/question as it happens quite often. Just cuz the tables are turned doesnt mean she's a troll or simple-minded,etc.

Yes, its tit for tat some days around here but you have to admit that we who arent Christian get it A LOT we just dont always take it as personal as some religious folk do(see all the freak out about how OP is a troll and such).

2. She's not a troll or simple-minded,etc. She's been around these here parts(Im feeling western today LOL)for a long, long time. Note...she didnt go anon either that implies non-trollage. She's extremely intelligent and funny.

So, chill out and if you dont like being questioned...dont look or answer.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The thing for all to remember is how similar the both really are..... Both sides have a set of beliefs, both have traditions for their beliefs, both have rituals for their beliefs.

It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.

( this is coming from a deist/atheist ) 

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• OK...so never?

And I'm a wicked hag for suggesting otherwise and requesting acceptance for alternative beliefs?

I see...

----

Not at all, I just genuinely don't understand your question. Christians, as far as I'm aware, know that everybody is not Christian. Just as I, as a muslim, knows that not everybody follows Islam. I obviously follow an alternate path! Not everybody on here is Christian!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• First of all, I've seen many answers from this OP, and it's my impression that she is NOT a troll in any way. It's a legitimate question.

OP--Some within a handful of typically exclusive religions probably do accept that you believe differently and respect those differences, but unfortunately (IMO) many of them never will.

Based on a lot of your answers I've seen, I don't think our views are really that different whatever we choose to call ourselves or identify with, but I accept and respect whatever differences we do have. I ALSO respect and revere nature and the universe itself as divine. :-) I usually say Universe, but occasionally use the word 'God' to express my reverence for nature. If it will cause confusion, sometimes I avoid the word 'God'--just depends on circumstances.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011