if i hear my teenagers say...i dont know...or i didnt do it one more time!

my teen is 13 and shes at that age were u tell her the sky is blue she will fight that its green, now if she did something and u know it was her ( not u or dh ) she will look at u and say i dont know i didnt do it. xample me and dd went out lastnight we came home i went into bathroom and peeded thats it she asked to straighten her hair ( my flat iron ) and i said sure. needless to say when she was done dh went into bathroom to pee and he was made cause she took the hair from the hairbrush and put the hairball in the toilet ( didnt flush) so dh went and asked her please dont do that agian it will mess up the septic her reply i didnt do it. so he came to me yelling for me not to do that i said i didnt and he was like well then who did the cat i said i was in there and did this and she went in who do u think did it..well she said she didnt, so i go to her room and told her if u do something just say sorry dont deney we all know who did it she just put her head down. and thats just one example. what do it do if she keeps this up i might strangle her ( i wont but still arrgg)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• This is when duck tape come sin handy :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• typical teen age girl. Get use to it. it sounds like you have only one. You should be glad.

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• lol louise~ yes she is my only teen and i have to say thank god. and all my friends still have lil ones so they look at me like this is what we have to look forward to...there could be a cup in her room and i will say i asked u to put that in the sink.....her reply...i did. umm by the looks of it u didnt. well i did. im gonna go crazy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm reminded of an old Roseanne episode when she said, "Now I know why some animals eat their young." - LOL Good luck, she's only 13- so I figure you have about 6 more years of hell on earth left! Good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• HAHAHAHA mrsmom110! perfect. yet so true.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had 2 DD. The rolling eyes and the mood swings. The, they think you are stupid and they do not want to go out in public with you cause you embarrass them.

Answer by louise2 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ahhhhh I am going through the same thing but my daughter is 4 !!! It is nuts I have had the discussion about not lying seems like everyday ..... I really don't know what to do about it I mean she is a great kid and very very smart !! I think duct tape is a great idea ...
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 11:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've put hair in the toilet for decades and never had a problem. If any child thinks he/she will get scolded or in trouble they may be tempted to lie. Don't ask questions that make her think she will be in trouble. If you know it was her then why even ask? Just tell her what needs to be said (just put hair in the wastebasket). I think too many parents set them selves up for these situations. Just rethink what you are asking her and make it a statement instead of a question and you will see life get easier.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Next time she does it, tell her that you know she did it, and now there will be consequences.. When she asks what, say I don't know. And take her to school like normal, and if you can, be sitting out side her last class of the day for a week. When she asks you why, say I don't know... She will start getting upset. And let her. Stick to it for at least a week of school... Then just stop..next time she does it, do it again. Im telling you from experience, she may only do it a few more times, because having your mom escort you out of school is embarrassing!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't know is better than WHATEVER!!!Just wait ,she is only 13??? Wait until she is older !say it all back to her in the same way every time she asks anything she will get the hint!!good luck.Hold on boys and girls its going to be a bumpy ride!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011