A new "End" date...

Reading our morning news this morning, dh came across this article that I am sure many may have seen already or will soon enough, but when he started laughing I asked him what was so funny...

Another "The World is going to End Date" he stated... and he says this is beyond extreme and he is a Christian...

I don't believe in any of the End dates that come and go... when and or IF the world stops, it will bc man himself destroyed Gaia(Mother Earth) with greed and mistreatment of her...

What are your thoughts..? 

Sorry if this has been posted already...

READ HERE

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• WOW. A senile 89 year old thinks the world is going to end and claims if he's "wrong' it was cause he wasn't saved. Why do I get the feeling he's going to die before than of natural causes and his followers will take it as the beginning of the rapture?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Being as the Bible says that we won't know the date or time, wouldn't that explicitly RULE OUT the date that anyone predicts?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I personally think it's absolute rubbish. Christians who believe this are contradicting themselves as if everybody knew when the world was going to end then everybody would know when to start behaving by etc etc... The point is that we don't know and we must live every day as we have been told in our various religious scriptures.

However I think it's quite funny!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Freela exactly ...

I am a Christian and find that article full of garbage. My response as i read the article was this... what a waste of life! Yeah I did think that. Jesus never told us to go proclaiming the end of the world.. He said go PREACH the GOSPEL to the world !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't see the world ending any time soon.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sweet!!! Atleast I get to graduate from college a few days before.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think the Bible says itself we wont know when it happens. I always roll my eyes when some group comes along and says the world will end on this date. How do they know? Did they get a telegram from God? Seriously. In the 80s I believe there was also another end date and it came and went and all the proud Jesus Freaks went inside and took a shower and got jobs.

Answer by gemgem at 12:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I know! I know! The holy-rollers can claim "Jesus is coming soon" until they're blue in the face, but the fact is that they have cried "wolf" too often and nobody takes them seriously anymore. Jesus made the first end-of-days prediction and it failed miserably--as have ALL of the hundreds of predictions since THEN. 2012 is the end--or not, depending upon how gullible you are. So get ready for a lot of apocalypse lemmings to be shouting their dire warnings of an end that shows no signs of coming. It probably won't take a break until Dec. 22, 2012 dawns with no end of the world in sight.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• eye rollingOh please....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL @ tyfry... that's funny...  

gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011