what cleaner do you use for the kitchen floor?

I used to use the swiffer spray mop but I heard they were bad (chemicals) so I switched to a homemade vinegar cleaner and cloth mop. To be honest I miss the swiffer lol

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Simple green

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I heard bad things about the chemicals but honestly, I still use swiffer. It's so much easier. I was thinking about emptying the bottles and using a less harsh chemicals and I would still be able to use my swiffer just not the same chemicals. I may write to them and suggest they make an organic or close-to organic cleaner to use with the swiffer. That would be pretty neat.
    emmiesmommy1113

Answer by emmiesmommy1113 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• emmiesmom I'm suprised they havent done that already or that there isnt a safer alternative off-brand on the market! if you ever make your own and use the swiffer, please let me know if it works just as good!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have ceramic tile & I use Mr. Clean.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• we use vinegar! i just put a cup full or so with some water and a cloth mop! i miss my swiffer too it seems to work a lot better but with a baby crawling around would rather not use it! it would be cool putting vinegar in the swiffer bottle thing and giving it a try! hmm i might have to do that!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Swiffer spray mop! I love it!

Mr. Clean for the hands and knees scrubbing.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 12:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I use a product that is simply awesome but I don't want to just give up the name!! Email me for more information!
    dlawrenceind

Answer by dlawrenceind at 1:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I usually use my steam mop - but once a month I mop with water and MelaMagic - really cleans the floors nicely and is toxic free :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Pine sol, I'm old school
    MsLegalBriefs

Answer by MsLegalBriefs at 6:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Swiffer Wet Jet! I have slate tile floors.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011