Any one want a perfectly sweet 18 year old daughter?

Mine is for sale cheap. She is driving me nuts.. She is due to go back to college and needed to see her dr. Did she make an appt? NOPE. Finally I called the dr today for her (why can't she?) and asked if they could fit her in. Lucky for her they had a cancellation. Lucky.
I wanna smack her. She is over her boyfriends house and said she would be back early today. Well it is after 12:00 and she is not back her room is a mess and ... Well you get the picture..
How do you cope with this stuff? I am ready to blow. I am trying to remain calm..

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• perfectly sweet 18 year old daughter isnt that an oxymoron??
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• NOPE!!! I just got two of them to an age that I can finally stand! LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She is grown. Let her make mistakes. Only way for her to learn.

Answer by louise2 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Think she'd be interested in a babysitting job of 5 kids under 10!?! I don't mind if she's messy, I just want to sleep!! :P
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry, I'm not in the market for that year or model- I still have a 19 y/o son w/ similar symptoms that I'm still trying to sell! My advice, DRINK HEAVILY! I am much happier & carefree after some wine! - LOL (Good luck!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• you will NEVER be able to sell her! NOPE, you can't even give her away, no one in their right mind wants a teenager, especially a girl...i pray, that's how i cope because it takes a force greater than me to deal with the day to day rantings and WHATEVs! I will pray for you too..I truly believe that the people who invented liquor and drugs did it to cope with teenagers...lol!!! DISCLAIMER: i do not condone the use of drugs or alchohol!
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 12:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I feel for you. And it's especially hard after they've been at school, then they're back, and the mess up your whole routine, and you're trying to get them to do what they need to do, and they're very blase' about it. I think they really enjoy being home and having mom take over, they know we'll do it. They know we'll be there to catch the things they let fall. It is very frustrating. Just breathe.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh you can keep yours. I have two adult kids who drive me plenty insane for many of the same reasons lol. I dont think there is anything you can do? My son had a doctor appointment on the 27th and I told him two weeks before and did he go? Nope. My daughter who is 22 had him staying with her and said she would make sure he went. Instead they both conveniantly forgot and called me at 10am, his appointment was at 9am.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'll take her!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry, but nope. Don't want one. I've got 21 yr old twin boys - one married, one engaged - a daughter will be 16 in a few days and a 13 yr old son. I've got my own tantrums, issues, and children that don't want to make the phone calls on their own.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011