Its official... This is so damn embarrassing!

I NEED to lose weight. Not because the doctors told me (they've been telling me for years now)... and Not because DS wants to be able to play with me (he's social- he can find new friends within seconds!)

So why, you ask? Because I cannot properly wipe my own fucking ass! That's why! I cannot put my hand/arm behind my back to do so. Its hard and uncomfortable. How fucking sad and embarrassing!

So hopefully I can do it... Between PCOS, Scoliosis and Cushing's Syndrome, its damn near impossible... PCOS makes it hard to lose weight anyways-- bad carbs turn into sugar practically instantly... Scoliosis makes it so I can't even walk for 20 minutes without being in horrible pain (2 days ago, I took 6 ibuprofen in 4 hours b/c of it!), let alone lifting weights and such-- the strain on my back is horrible. =( I just don't know what to do! I can't go to physical therapy for it (no money... its about $150 per session, which 3 years ago, i had to do 2 a week b/c it was so bad, so i'm sure its worse now)...

I dont know.. All I know is that I'd like to be able to wipe my own ass!

(ETA: I did ask my doctor for help... they put me on metformin, which is supposed to help with the weight and it didnt help at all. when i went back for other help, they basically said that there was nothing THEY can do for me- to just research on PCOS and go from there.. So medically, i feel like i'm on my own)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You CAN lose weight with PCOS!!!

My step mom lost 50 pounds so she could get pregnant. You DO have to be a low carb (her was less than 20gms) diet but you can do it! Ask your doctor for help.
    Anonymous

• Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• good luck you can do this!!!!
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 12:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try P90X I just started it with my hubby. While it is a strain it works!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That's an interesting reason...but you'll be reminded every day of your goal! Good luck.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wish you lots of luck!!! You can do it =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• While I don't have your health issue, I also was that big at one time and it is embarrassing. It also didn't help that I'm 5ft. 2 in and being that heavy also caused havoc with my breathing. It may take a little time but this will be the best move that you'll ever make. Good luck to you and write me anytime.
    jenna355

Answer by jenna355 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• swim
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You go girl, you can do this!!!

Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Can you see a holistic nutritionist? Someone that can look at your specific health issues and design a reasonable plan for you of diet and exercise? That is what I would suggest. Good luck!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011