have you

Have you ever had a dr tell your SO that he should get another job because of the hours he works? Because my dr i seen yesterday said that since im not getting enough sleep at night its because i have to take him to work hubby dont drive and i really dont have anyone who can take him otherwise. she not my normal dr and she flat out said find a different job

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That seems to be a bit over the line.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree that isn't exactly her place to make that decision. He needs that job to take care of you.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• That really isn't her decision. That is between you and your SO. At least he is working.... could be worse. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• than she insists i get a flu shot and told me that i shouldn't get sick off the flu shot i said i have and many other people have to and it wasn't a a coincident that i got sick when i get the shot nor the other people who have gotten sick. just really irritated me

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Its not any of her buissness what your hubby works thats between you to. As for getting a flu shot they tell you to get one simply becuz if you actually got the flu its probably worse for you then getting the shot. You can get really dehdrated from getting the flu while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you were complaining of lack of sleep and that's your only reason for not getting enough than that was probably her only suggestion. Doctor's sometimes can't relate to us "regular" people. She probably has no idea what it's like to have someone depend on her to get to work. I know that's harsh but it's true for some docs.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My hubby had a DUI and could not drive when I was pregs with my first. I had to take him to work at 6 after getting off work at 12m. I slept all the time I could between my job and driving him to work and classes. He was a major help with the housework though, so I did not really worry about the house
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• even if thats the case about me asking what i can do to get sleep but its still not right for a dr to tell us to get another job its like me saying go find urself a needle in a hay stack
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008