How can I get my 2 year old to poop in the potty !What are the methods?What is your routine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let the child see you dump poo out of diaper into toilet.I put a full length mirror in front of potty.And of course cherry lifesavers!Once you can make the child understand that doodie goes in there because it is bad,child will pick up on it .I made a big deal out of showing mine why it goes there and when to go.I also (if girl) took daughter to buy big girl panties and told her we never doodie in our big girl panties.I know it seems like sometimes they will never get ti but they do its that old patience thing .Hang in there!Never get mad ,and praise praise praise.my husband used to tell me you act as if thats the best thing they could ever do ,and it worked.praise goes a long way in potty trianing,there is also alot of good story books to read with your child.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She has the big girl panties and favorite character.She will hide and poo in her panties/or pull up!Thanks for the advice i won't give up!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011