Well, it is back to TTC again :( UPDATE September 2011! adult content

I was just 2 months along and miscarried on New Year's Day. I just had my first U/S on December 23 and everything was great! So sad to actually see our little bean, and the heartbeat and only a week later, lose our second baby in just 8 months! We m/c our first pregnancy at 12 weeks in June and now our second baby has been lost at 8 weeks. We have been told that we are okay physically but that if our babies have been lost before 13 weeks, then there has been a defect with the fetus that didn't allow them to survive.
On a positive note, this m/c was a complete m/c not requiring a D&C so once I am feeling up to it, we have been told to TTC again. Getting pregnant is not our issue, it is just maintaining the pregnancies that seem to be. All my hormone levels were good right up until 2 days before I m/c this time as I came into Emerg this past Thursday, December 29 due to some spotting (that was dark brown, sorry if TMI) and my cervix was closed, and the baby's heartrate was 136 bpm which is great! Then, 2 days later, my spotting got heavier and it was red (so not a good sign). I knew that this was a bad sign from previous experience last June.
Well, we will move forward and life will go on.
Here's hoping that we can conceive again and that we will one day have a full term baby :)
Thinking of all of you out there who are still TTC after a loss or are just TTC. It is a long, hard road sometimes, but have faith and hope that your hearts' desire of a child will one day come true!

WELL< just wanted to thank you for your encouragement when I posted this in January after our second m/c.  Now, I am almost 8 weeks along and have been put on Prometrium (progesterone supplement) in the hopes that this pregnancy will be successful and we can meet this little bean in May 2012!

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 12:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You have the perfect attitude to move forward with this. It's such a hard thing to go through, but I am glad you've stayed so strong. Your future baby will be so lucky to have such a strong, positive woman as his or her mommy. I wish the best of luck to you and your family!!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• bless you dear,you will be fine and i know you will carry a baby to term and soon.Your attitude is so great.Hang in there.I will pray for you !
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am so sorry you have gone through this pain. Alot of women go through this & your baby to come is going to be so beautiful & have such a good loving Mama. GL to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sorry to hear about your losses :( , but keep your head up! We had a miscarriage at 8 weeks with our first, then our second pregnancy we went all the way to 24 weeks, then lost our son. Our third pregnancy we delivered a healthy wonderful boy! We never gave up and I now have the most perfect little boy who is growing so fast! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ive known people who have had 2 miscarriages and then gone on to have healthy pregnancies afterwards :) just keep praying (if you believe in a higher power) and it will happen :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• hugssorry for your loss...you have a great attitude though and that is a wonderful thing to have!  When you do have a baby its going to be a lucky one to be loved and wanted so much!  GL to you!

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone! I am optimistic but also apprehensive as I thought that after my first m/c, I would be just fine and so would the baby. Not the case. I will feel better after I see our Nurse Practioner next week and then get the referral to an OB again (as I did after my first m/c in June). There are some tests that will probably be done now that I have m/c more than once. My Nurse Practitioner had said that after my 1st that she wasn't going to do any additional tests until I had multiple m/c's. I didn't want to have to go through this again (who does?) but now that I am 'one of the ones to go through it again', I am really wanting to be proactive and see what (if anything) that we can be looking for or doing differently, prior to, or early on in my pregnancy the next time.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011