Detachment issues

I am 25 weeks pregnant, and still do not feel attached to my baby. I feel so guilty for this, because my boyfriend and I followed the rules of the book to a T when we were trying to conceive. I wanted it more than he did, and now I dont feel any kind of connection with my baby. I am super excited for him to be here. This feeling, or lack of feeling I should say really makes me feel like a horrible person. Is this normal? What should I do?

babyjsmom11

Asked by babyjsmom11 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe that's just it, there are no rules when it comes to feelings....you will feel your bond when your baby is here, don't worry. Don't feel guilty, are you taking care of yourself? If so, then you are caring for your baby. Sometimes you can't go by the books, and as mothers have to just go with the flow, and your gut and heart! Trust me, your not a horrible person, you have tone of hormones raging through your body right now that make you feel all sorts of weird things...don't over think things.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011