• In the Spotlight:

My 2 year old son constantly has fingers in ears??

My two year old son constantly has his fingers in one of his ears. I took him to the doctor yesterday and she said nothing was wrong. But this is also the same doctor that didn't prescribe anything for an upper respiratory infection. And he is showing all the signs of an ear infection, fever, redness behind the ears, sore to the touch behind his ears, fussy, poor appetite, and sleep loss. So now I don't know what to do?? Should I take him somewhere else for a second opinion? Or just let it pass over, but he has been doing this since Thursday of last week! Please help me decide what to do!!

mommabrat787

Asked by mommabrat787 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would take him to the er something is wrong
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Definately get a second opinion! My daughter had symptoms similar to your son and she ended up getting tubes in her ears!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Get a second opinion. It could be nothing, but why risk serious damage for the cost of a copay?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We have urgent care places here in Ga, they are by Childrens Hospital. Should I take him there? I don't have a co pay on his insurance, I just dont want to seem like im over mommying him! I tend to over parent sometimes, and my step dad said that this wasn't a big deal I was just blowing it way outta proportion??
    mommabrat787

Answer by mommabrat787 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I would go to the urgent care. Your not overparenting, your just being a good Mom! At least you will have piece of mind with a second opinion especially if the first doctor never did anything about the upper resp. infection.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Second opinion, something is bothering him. Always trust your instrincts!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I would suggest that you take him immediately to another doctor, for a second opinion. For a child to have fever indicates that the child's body is trying to fight off an infection. Please do not tarry........and these indications are not just you dealing with instincts, they are facts!

Please do not make tommorrow pass and you did not carry him to another doctor (pedi).........it better to play it too safe than to be too sorry in the end. If the problem isn't his ears, there is still some form of infection there..........go I tell you and ease your worries..........

please write and tell us what is it that you have decided and its outcome...........
    JAgirl

Answer by JAgirl at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• take the poor child to another pediatrician sounds like an ear infection to me
    SuPeRMoM272008

Answer by SuPeRMoM272008 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008