Anybody else children close to 6 years apart?

I am due late August and my DD will turn 6 in Dec. I am worried that they won't be close because of their age difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have 5, but the last 3 are about that far apart. I have my 17 yr old, and 10 yr old (almost 11), and then my 5 yr old. I actually LOVE this space between them. They DO get along great, and it gave me the time to enjoy them as babies because the other kids were in school all day. They will be close enough in age dont worry.

Answer by gemgem at 12:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids will be about that far apart, thanks to my schooling. My brother and I are almost 6 years apart. I was born in March, and I was 5 1/2 when he was born in November. I remember him being born, and being little, which is really cool. I also remember torturing him, of course! LOL That said, when I got into high school, he and I became REALLY close, and we've been super close ever since. He came to me with his sex questions, and I gave him honest answers. We talk about things we can't talk to our parents about. We have our own language, and get each other in ways no one else does. Plus, I was in kindergarten, so my mom got some one on one time with him, and I will have the same.
    I didn't plan on my kids being so far apart, either, but I try to think about the relationship my brother and I have, and that makes me look forward to it! They'll be fine, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have 5 kids...ages are 22, 18, 13, 6, and 2. I like having them further apart. It's easier to get the older one involved.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My brother and I are 8 years apart. Growing up we weren't all that close because of the age difference. I was 8 and he was 16. But now we are closer than every!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My twins are 5 years older than their sister and 2 years older than their brother. One of the twins is extremely close to their sister and brother. He plays video games with them, he takes them out to get snacks or to the movies. The other twin got a girlfriend and everything starting revolving around here and he's now married to her. The other twin is engaged, but his girl is great at including the younger brother and sister in things.

Now, my husband is 6 and 12 years older than his sisters. He is closer to the older of his two sisters as he had a brother/sister relationship with her. His baby sister, his has nothing in common with. She's closer in age to our twins than her brother and because of choices she's made, they don't want to have anything to do with her.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My oldest is 6 years older than her brother and they are so close.I remember when i brought him home she was always helping me.Told me the first night home ,I fixed fried chicken,and she informed me i did not have to worry to feed my son ,she had already!I ran to the basinett and found my newborn son trying to latch onto a chicken leg!!!Gotta watch them but no worries !
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My Kids are 11, 8, and 2 and The 2 yr old gets along better with the older 2 then they get along with each other.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• older2 are 5 years and 5 days apart youngest and oldest 6and 1 half years apart.
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011