Stones into Schools

Has anyone read this sequel to Three Cups of Tea?

Do you plan on reading the book (s)?

Thoughts regarding some branches of the military making the initial book required reading for some members?

I read the first book and am almost finished with the second. I agree that the key to solving problems in the ME is education.

ALSO POSTED IN ENTERTAINMENT SECTION-

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 12:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I read the first, but haven't yet gotten the 2nd. I know it sounds lame, but I prefer to 'listen' to my non-fiction instead of read it. I find myself too caught in words I have no idea how to pronounce or not quite engaged enough to make myself keep going. I need to find "Stones into Schools" as a recording for my iPod and then go from there. ;)

I found Three Cups of Tea to be incredibly enlightening. I thought I had an understanding about the region and then I read this book. Wow. I had no clue, before and I know getting through the 1st book was merely scratching the service. I too came away with the feeling that working on education (not westernizing, but educating) is key. I applaud those that work to that end.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I received "Three Cups of Tea" for Christmas and I am looking forward to reading it right after I finish "Save Haven" -Nicholas Sparks.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Stoned in school is NEVER a good thing.

Anonymous

• oh my, anon. I guess that was funny. I HOPE you were kidding.......

I am looking forward to reading "Stones into Schools" ......
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Kerp- Enjoy the books- 3 Cups... was one of faves. Greg M. is such an inspiration.

Sisteract

Comment by Sisteract (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011