I got 2 of the cookie-mix-in-a-jar thing for Christmas. Never made these before, either side. Have a question.

They are identical, came from the same person. They included the dry ingredient part of the recipe too. Here's the full recipe:

Dry ingredients:
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups quick oatmeal
-1/2 cup M&Ms
-1/2 cup chocolate chips

Ingredients needed:
-1 1/2 eggs
-1/4 cup oleo
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-3/4 cup peanut butter
-1/2 T. white syrup

Directions:
Combine ingredients with mixer or spoon. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

My questions:
-Shouldn't there be some flour in this? Did they do it wrong?
-Do I really have to add the 1/2 T. white syrup? What's the point of it?
-How many cookies will this make? (It's a full quart jar of dry ingredients). Or can I press the dough into a pan for bars? How big of a pan? If I do both at once how big of a pan would I need?

I'm not a cookie baker, but I want to make these for my kids (they came from 2 of their teachers and I don't want to ask them just in case, lol!). Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• first off the flour part. My guess is they might be flourless cookies for people with flour problems. I do not know if need syrup. If might just be to make the cookies stick together. You can make into bars but might take longer to bake is all. As for how much I am lost on that as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• With the oatmeal, you won't need flour. I have no idea about the white syrup. As far as how many cookies, I guess you'll find out when you make them! LOL You can probably press them into the pan for bars and they'll be fine, just watch to make sure they cook evenly. Eyeball the amount of dough you have to gauge the size of the pan you'll need.
    I hope they turn out well!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would drop by teaspoon. I am sure they will be delicious!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011