If you are a SAHM, what do you do with your free time?

I mean instead of the normal.. like cleaning and stuff of that sort...

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• IF there is free time, this is how I spend it, on cafe mom while the baby is asleep and the older child is playing lol there isn't enough free time to do anything exciting
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Read, Cafemom, Facebook. I also trade babysitting with a friend of mine; I'll go get my hair done or just shop.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I love baking so I do that a lot, I go to my DD's house every day for a couple of hours to look after her baby so she can get some time to herself, I go shopping, beauty salons, the gym..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i have 3 kids under the age of 5 so i dont get much free time :( the only time i get is naptime IF they all sleep at the same time and after they go to bed. in those hours ill be on cafemom, facebook, catching up on cleaning. nothing exciting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Honestly I dont really get alot of free time until they are asleep at night, which is when I get most of my laundry and cleaning done. Right now I am sitting here at the table with my laptop while they eat their lunch.. So I guess you can consider this some of my free time lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• What free time? Get on cafemom or read a book
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I volunteer when I get bored in the house. I do things for my daughters cheer squad like make bows, plan their after game snacks or make them, plan their parties etc.

Answer by gemgem at 1:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• What free time? I have 4 kids, I am constantly doing something, whether it's cooking, cleaning, schlepping kids to/from school, grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, etc etc etc. My only "free time" is the few minutes here & there that I sit to rest and check e-mails, facebook, cafemom, or when I'm sleeping, or when I make it a point to get out of the house (which is usually grocery shopping, or shopping for other stuff for kids, or family get-togethers). The only time I get to read is when I'm in the bathroom, and that's barely 5 minutes at a time any more.
    Anonymous

• I get online all throughout the day (whenever I have a minute). When I have bigger blocks of time (after the house is cleaned up) I knit or write usually. I have 5 kids but I've taught them to be independent from the start so they don't need me 24/7. Sometimes I'm bored out of my mind because the house is clean and there's nothing else to do. My kids are 10, 9, 8, 4 and 5 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I play FB games, get on CM, read, scrapbook...depends on my mood.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2011