Broken dryer?

I know a million things could be wrong but my dryer doesnt work it doesnt get hot. Any ideas i can try before calling the handyman lol im broke and if i can fix it myself that would be great!

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 12:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• the first thing i'd check is to make sure there isn't any lint build up, check the hose too GL i hope that's all that's wrong, mine messed up a few years ago and had to buy a new one :(
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Could be the heating element. I had this problem not long ago. Had to have someone come in and replace the heating element.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try putting it on a different setting. That once happened to me. I put the heat to high from medium and it worked.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Check to make sure the lint isn't clogging something, and that air is getting around the motor. If that doesn't work, you may have to have someone come out and fix it. My second guess would be that the heating element is out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Gas or electric would be helpful. If it is gas and not getting hot, more than likely an ignitor...about 30 bucks for the part.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If it isn't get hot at all - it is probably the heating element.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Could be the thermostat or a sensor. You can google "troubleshoot" and then the brand of dryer and you can find how to fix it. We are not handy people, but we have fixed our dryer a couple of times by looking it up on the internet.....once because it wasn't heating.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011