Baby's first tooth on the top!!

So my little guy has been teething since he was 2 months old and every check up the doctor talks about how swollen his gums are but the top is more swollen than the bottom. I asked the doctor if the top could come in first and he said no. This morning his little top tooth is poking through!!!!! Should I be worried about the bottom teeth. I can't even see them like I can see the top through his gums!!!

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 1:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Mine all got their top teeth first, except one, he got one of his bottoms but it wasnt even a center one lol.

Answer by gemgem at 1:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• some come in on top 1st, others on the bottom. I would not worry as they will come in eventually.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it's normal for either the top front OR the bottom front to come in first, my dd's top came in first and my ds's bottom teeth did
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Teeth come in any way that they want to. They come in top first, bottom first, left first, right first.
    I have one of my 4 children where their teeth came in top 1st and not the middle two, but right to left the 1st 4 and then the bottom row came in the same way....only left to right the 1st 4.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I guess I was just in shock because I had always heard the bottom come in first and then the doctor told me it wouldn't happen. Thanks Ladies!!
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Don't be worried! My son's first tooth was on the top as well!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My daughter's top front teeth came in first, then her bottom 2. I was kinda shocked b/c I always thought the same...that bottom came in first. But all kids are different, I guess, lol.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011