Can I do It Today????? The Waiting Is Killing Me!!!!!!!!

ok last period was the 19th of October. Ovulation was the 3rd of November. Next period not due until the 17th of November. Can I test for pregnancy today? If not then when would be the best time to test to get a positive? Do I really have to wait until the 17th? I am so excited I think it really worked this time!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'd wait until at least tomorrow. And buy a 2-pack or a 3-pack so you can retest in a few days if need be.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You'll get the most accurate results if you wait until you miss your period if not a few days later, but if you absolutely can't wait, then I wouldn't test at least until Thursday or Friday, since I believe implantation has to occur before the hormone levels start to increase drastically enough to be detectable.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Get the clear blue.... it's the most sensitive that i could find. It detected my hormone when it was only 256. And your gonna have to wait until tomorrow morning... But you can get a 2 pack for about 10 bucks if it comes back negative take it the day your period is suppose to start. I love the clear blue test it's awesome
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• everything I've read say's that it take's the fertilized egg 8-10 days not 7 to travel to the uterus and than it can take up to 4 days for some womans to attach fully. Then the hcg levels begin to rise only after this has happened. So If you test today I think you would be dissapointed. Wait if you can I also learned that first response early pregnacy test is the most sensitve for early testing. Good luck!
    neaneah

Answer by neaneah at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I totally understand! It is amazing that your period is due the 17th, so is mine! I have already tested and it came back negative but it is really too soon to tell. I feel like I am adicted to peeing on a stick! :-) Good luck with the torture! I feel your pain!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 3:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i think it s too soon. my period is due today and still no sign of AF but im going to wait a couple more days just incase.
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2008