Bulldog and shedding

My mini bulldog sheds so much! I brush her, but it's crazy! My beagle doesn't seem to shed nearly as much.

What is the best type of brush or comb to use to help cut down on all this white fur flying around my house?? And, do all bulldogs shed this much?

tracy0812

Asked by tracy0812 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pets

• Furminators are awesome! They do an amazing job getting the under coat. What do you feel your dogs because that can also play a roll in the amount they shed. If the food is a poor quality they will shed a bit more.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Blue Buffalo is a good food but not every food is good for every dog ya know.   Anyway here is a site for Furminators it is worth the price. I use it on both my cats and dogs and it has cut down on the shedding in my house.

http://www.furminator.com/products/dog/short_hair/tool

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I've got friends that swear by the furminator.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• KyliesMom5, I feed both of them Blue Buffalo for puppies, so I don't think it's the food. Although, I don think it is contributing to my beagles gas, lol!!

What the heck is a Furminator?? I've never heard of it, lol!
    Also, how often does everyone bathe thier dogs in the winter?? I hate doing it, neither of them like the blow-dryer,(scared of it), and it takes so long to dry. I hate having to put them outside to go potty when it's cold and they are still damp!
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah, I'm figuring that out about the food!! Even though it is a great food, it seems to give my beagle terrible gas! He stinks to high Heaven and can clear a room. Poor little guy. I'm pretty sure it's the food, I tried a different brand and he didn't have as much gas. It was so nice!
    Thanks for the info on the Furminator, I'll check it out! Do you happen to know if they carry it at Petsmart?
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes, they do have it at petsmart
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree that Blue Buffalo is a great brand, but that doesn't mean it'll work for every dog. Maybe they are sensitive to grains?? Have you ever tried a grain-free? Blue Buffalo has three grain-free formulas called Wilderness (duck...salmon...chicken). I think it costs about the same as the puppy formula, but comes in a smaller bag...although I don't think it is proper for puppies. Someone else may be able to chime in on the grain-free brands that are okay for puppies. Have you tried the BB Longevity Puppy formula? I think it is fish based.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011