Where we sign?

I am so ready.... we have 3 more child support payments to go. YAY!!!
Has anyone paid off their child support if so I would greatly appreciate if you can tell us what to expect or what do we need to have on hand? We do not want anything to coming back to us not that it will but you never know we want to cut off from her for good..;) Thanks Ladies!!! Let's party...yeah!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Is the child turning 18 and not going to go to college? If the child does go to college then cs has to continue. If the child is 21 and out of college then there is nothing to do but make those last payments. My x will never pay off his cs. He's dragging it out forever so his w has to make those payments to me all the time. I love every time she does.
    Anonymous

• I have gotten child support and have 2 adult kids who have come off the child support order. The way we went was through the child support office so maybe it isnt how you do it? They just took them off when the order said it was time, and I stopped getting money for them. If you are sending it directly to her then just make sure you have the documentation. Otherwise call CSE and ask them. I know with my ex he had to ask them to take the kids off child support. It didnt just happen by itself. He was ordered to pay until they turned 19 or graduated from high school.

Answer by gemgem at 1:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Depending on the state,age requirements are different,and college of course.You seem mighty glad to have this over.If you were the kid in this i am sure you would feel different.Funny everybody wants to be parents ,but not support them after they grow up sad,sad,sad.Yeah pay it off and your done sorry for bashing but your heart sounds a little cold.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ages and child support payments vary from case to case. Mine is when my son turns 18, they end. I know people that get support until the child is 19 or 21. Check you paperwork or the child support agency in your county. Also check what you need to do at your last payment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why are you bashing her? The money doesn't go to the kid anyways, it goes to the custodial parent. Most cases are until they are 18 whether or not they go to college. I don't think anyone should be obligated to pay CS after the child is an adult (18 years old) anyways.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Op here: grismelda it's not that I am glad I am done with her (even though she tries to reassure us she did not get a boob job with the child support money or got a brand new car with it) I wish we could just give it straight to the kids. Don't tal k unless u have been in r shoes. you just don't know the he'll she put us thru. GL in ur life damn...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• good luck OP you sound happy and im glad for you
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• No but I look forward to the day... and for those that use the CS for your kids.. thank you, but my ex uses the CS for things like scuba diving, motorcycles, etc... not exactly fun to watch the kids not get what they need but he has all the toys...

My state is 18 and 21 IF my ex decides he wants to go to court for additional money. So, it depends.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2011