WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS?

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS? DO THEY KNOW THAT IN INTERNET TERMS THIS MEANS YOU ARE YELLING!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think it is for convenience of reading it. I personally don't care if people do or not. My bigger pet peeve is misspelled words and bad grammar. lol
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Nope, believe it or not a lot of people do not know it means yelling. Why not give someone the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is as internet savvy as you might be :) We all had to start somewhere. Did you know ALL the internet lingo's you know now when you first signed on? :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• A lot of people don't know that it means they're yelling. They think that they are making it easier to read (ie. larger) or that they are really really getting their point across. My grandfather types in all caps when he's online because he can see what he's typing better.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Why are you yelling at me... LOL

Your question is typed in ALL caps. Didn't you know that means that you are yelling at me?? LOL

Seriously, I don't pay any attention to that, so what if it's all caps??? I may use CAPS here and there to help make my point or to make KEY words stand out....

Often it takes a lot more then letters/words in caps to get me upset, I try to pick up on the "tone" vs if it was written in all caps or not.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i do it when a child is begging to get on & typing so fast I dont wanna use the shift..ok? Just putting my opinion out there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• some people can see it better...especially when its in bold
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• SOMETIMES ITS MY MOOD...DOESN'T MEAN I'M YELLING SORRY IF IT CAME ACROSS THAT WAY. but i don't always type in all caps : )
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 4:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I LIKE TYPING LIKE THIS, SO GET OVER IT. I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, YOUR GOING TO SEE IT. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I type in all caps cause sometimes it is easier to read when I don't won't to wear my glasses at the computer to read
    Anonymous

• MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN.
    Anonymous