Daughter denying she's pregnant. What can I do short of picking her up and dragging her to the docs??

My daughter's 15. She told me she was a virgin.

Recently her bellys grown a lot. She's been throwing up every morning. Her boobs have grown. So i asked her could you be pregnant? She said no and walked off on me. I asked her if she'd go to the doctor about her throwing up. She said no, it was nothing to worry about. I asked her would she use a test to put my mind at rest? She said no.

I'm at my wit's end. I'm close to stealing her pee to check! I'm not even kidding. Her dad seems unconcerned (doesn't live with us), he says she's probably just grown a bit but the not taking a test or going to the doc about sickness is what made me seriously wonder.

I got a friend who was a doctor to come round and my daughter shut herself in her room and refused to come out. I'm concerned for the health of her (and any baby she may or may not be carrying). I may sound like I'm panicking over nothing but I know my daughter and I honestly 100% think she's pregnant.

Can I force her to the docs?? What can I do?? If she didn't show fora few months I'm worried she could be quite far along. I'm getting scared. Her friends havve come to me concerned also.

Ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• yes,you can force a blood test

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would say lets go somewhere ,make up a place, and then drag her to a doctor or a counselor so they can inform her if she is indeed pregnant she really needs health care not only for her but the baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She is a minor so I would make her a doctors appointment. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes, you are the parent. Take her to the doctors ASAP, you need to make sure so she can take care of her body!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She's 16, I think what you say goes.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would pick her ass up and bring her to the Doctor anyway..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She is a minor you can take her to the ER anytime you want to and have them draw blood. Tell them you think she is either very sick because she is vomitting all the time or pregnant.

Answer by gemgem at 1:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She's not 18, you are still the parent. You can force her to the dr and take a test. And you should for both of their health..i would rather make sure she is ok, and she may hate me for a while, rather than leaving her alone and she ends up wi a sick baby because of her lack of prenatal care.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my mother would drag my ass to the doctors with mean scary eyes!!!!! ur the mother !!!! take action..

deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think you need to explain to her that if she is hiding a pregnancy that she is only doing harm to her baby by not being taken care of and getting the support that she needs. And you need to tell her that if she isn't pregnant- that all of the throwing up she is doing is doing harm to herself.

She is under18. You are her parent. tie her up and take her if you have to.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011