If money was no object, and you were building a home, what would it be like?

My dream house would be large LOL Outside I would want a wrap around porch. I would prefer an open floor plan of the kitchen with an eat in area and the family room. My kitchen would have to have an island with a small sink. I also would have the microwave in a cupboard, hidden. Also a spice rack on the inside of a cupboard door. I would want dark wood but black appliances. Cereamic tile floor. Seperate diningroom. My master bedroom would have to have a little sitting area, for reading. I would also love a balcony outside of my bedroom. I would want 4 other bedrooms for our kids, with Jack and Jill bathrooms. I would want a basement with a small kitchenette, for entertaining. And a couple guest bedrooms with a bathroom downstairs as well. So someday my parents and brother's family, and MIL and SIL could spend extended time with us. I suppose my husband would have his Steeler's Football room too LOL With that big TV and built in surround sound. Oh and would have to have a 3 stall garage attached to the house.

A pool and hot tub outside, of course!!! A beautiful brick patio area for dining and entertaining. I would also have mature fruit bushes and trees.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Id have a dome house, 3 stories and one story would be underground. Id have an indoor/outdoor pool since it snows here and I love to swim, so would want to swim year round. Id have a jacuzzi in my room and in the pool area, but would keep them both indoor only. The pool area and jacuzzi areas would be surrounded by glass walls & have a garden inside and out like a tropical paradise.

I would have custom made fish tanks built into the walls around the house as well, and large bedrooms each with their own bathrooms and walk in closets. Id have computer nooks in each other kids rooms so they could have their computers there without having to buy them desks. The whole house would be light and airy with alot of windows except the part that was underground of course.

Answer by gemgem at 1:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i wouldnt even know where to start!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths. The one bedroom and one of that bath would be over the 2 car garage and will be only for guest. State of the art kitchen. That's all I can think of right now lol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mine is similar to yours. I would want an indoor pool as well as an outdoor one. I would want at least 8 bedrooms, each with its own private bathroom. Plus 2 extra half bathrooms. One near the kitchen and one near the livingroom. I would want a family room, a library, and a living/entertainment room. I have built many floor plans as a teenager when I was bored.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• VERY similar to what we have just BIGGER!!!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 1:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• currently, we have 4bdrms (3 down, 1over the garage that has a full bath, and two large walkin closets). our master is downstairs, with a large bath( separate whirlpool/walkin shower..12'' tiled walls, with a 12' long vanity-separate sinks/storage/drawars, 2 large walkin closets, and a separate 'toilet' room..idk what everyone calls them, i just giggle when i say i'm in the toilet room!). the other two bedrooms are also main-level, with a fullbath across the hall from both. our kitchen has dark cherry cabinetry, with tiled flooring that leads into the breakfast area, which is almost-completely windowed-lots of sunlight(-dh calls this his Costa Rica room..idk why.) the dining room is off the opposite side of the kitchen-its large enough for an 8-person table, buffet, and my Queen Anne-style victrolla cabinet. our kitchen/LR is open-concept (which i hate!), and the LR space is roughly a 50x50 square. wood floors in the LR...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ..DnRm, and entry. very tall ceiling heights throughout the house. 2-car garage--would be nice to have a third, just for storage. our yard is only a 1/2ac, and we have four well-spaced trees in the front, which is somewhat curved, due to being the first of three houses in a circle drive. our backyard is one big rectangle, no trees. our patio is about 15x 22'- dh wants to expand it.
    other than what we have (just moved into this house last month), i'd rather have separate LR/kitchen, all wood floors, no carpet, and more cabinetry in the laundry room. oh, and a bar on the island that isn't neck-level to me!!! (i'm a shorty!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I hope to one day have my dream house built. I've never wanted a really big house, just big enough with a lot of land. I also want a porch that goes around the whole house. I love Country Cottage styled homes on the outside. I prefer to have a one story with a pretty big attick space for storage. I would also like an open floor plan with the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I'ld like 4-5 bedrooms and 2-3 bathrooms. I prefer dark wood for my furniture but for some reason I want to use a medium shade maple color for my kitchen cabinets. It should all blend beautifully though. I'ld also like to have a medium shade hard wood floors for most of the house but a special tile for the kitchen and bathrooms. Hmmm... One day!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• victorian
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah, I agree the pool would have to be indoors with glass walls and doors, so in the summer it could open up to the patio. There is a house in my home town that is like that.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011