What do you feed your 7 monoth old?

My son is mainly breastfed, however he has been very intested in food for as long as I can remember. I started him on some cereal at about 5 months or so. He does like cereal, but he does not like baby food. I've tried and tried many times to offer it, but he's just not interested. There is baby yougart that has recently come out that he likes. He will of course eat bananas, apples or kiwi but I never had this problem with my first child...he would eat anything I put in front of him.
I want to offer mainly healthy ideas only. I have tried to just stick with cereal and breast milk but he's so hungry all the time and has wanted to nurse around the clock.

Just looking for some ideas that may have worked for you.

Thanks so much.

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 1:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Making veggies at home is much tastier than the jarred food. Just take whatever you are having for dinner and mash them with a fork, no need for a blender. I used to always take out for my kids what we were having before I added any salt or other seasoning. Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, broccoli, peas, etc. That way they also just grow up eating what you are having and you don't go through that stage where some moms are making separate meals for your toddler!

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• with my kids i would make home make chickhen soup with veggies and then put a small amount in the blender and blend it and give it to them and they loved it!!!!

deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I usually make the baby food home. Just choose some veggies and boil them and put them in the blender and tadam:) So you can find out what does he like and you can mix those. Try to give him sweet potatoes, carrot, broccoli, sweeds, etc. and what he doesn't like than delete from the list. Or just mix with something he likes. You can mix vegetables with fruits as well. Sweet potato with banana or carrot with apple or banana. Or you can mix more than two. If you find something he likes, you can mix some baby rice with the puree. So it will be more. Good luck, mommy:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• He wants to nurse constantly becaus ehe's growing really fast. Breast milk needs to be the primary source of nutrition until 12 months.

I just share the veggies and fruits off my plate with my 7 monther. She had a wedge of Clementine (membrane removed) while i had breakfast today. She gets avocado and mashed peas and sweet potato. Big fan of butter nut squash. I never buyu jarred food. I always just feed her what we eat. She had black eyed peas with us on new year's day. Not a fan.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I feed my daughter jsut about anything that is "fit" for her! fresh fruits, cooked veggies! my baby loves cooked peas :)
    Just try it all! good luck
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011