Creative way to let my 5 year old daughter know that I am pregnant.

Just wondering if anyone has any creative ideas on how I can tell my daughter that she is going to be a big sister. I want to make it a big deal. But I don't want to overwhelm her. I would appreciate your advice.

FaithsMommy03

Asked by FaithsMommy03 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Send her a letter in the mail from heaven/the unborn baby congradulating her on being a big sister and telling her what her responsibilities will be (loving, playing, cuddling, reading to the baby, etc.) and when she can expect the baby to come.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Maybe get her a shirt that says Big Sister or something. Wrap it up all pretty and tell her you got her a present (5 year olds LOVE just because presents) Then tell her that mommy and daddy made another baby and that the baby is in your belly. Then tell her when the baby is big enough, he will be born and she will be a big sister! How exciting! I wish my 10 month old cared I was pregnant. LOL
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• OOH! I love that from the PP about the letter! Great idea
    navy-wife