Mixed emotions about this baby coming this Summer.......

I am 9 weeks pregnant and have been having all these mixed feelings since I found out I was pregnant. We have a 5 1/2 year old & this wasn't planned. One minute, I am like my life is going to feel like it is over when the baby gets here and then i think everything will be okay. How do I stop feeling this way? I want to be happy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's still early, give it some time =) How are you feeling physically? Feeling sick and exhausted doesn't help.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think what your going threw is pretty normal. Your very early yet. Give yourself time to adjust without expecting to much from yourself :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• A roller coaster during pregnancy is pretty normal. Even more so with an unexpected pregnancy. And sometimes you have to just point out to yourself that extremes aren't logical. EXAMPLE: Your life over? You mean you plan to die in childbirth? No? Then it won't be OVER... just different! And that is a good thing... we're designed to continually change and grow.

Instead of focusing on what you think you can't do (and I emphasize "think" because you can do so much more than you may believe) and imagine what new things are ahead.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thats how i felt with my second. i was so emotional. I kept thinking how am i going to love another like i love my first and what if i cant do it. i had so much going through my mind. but when she got here and i seen her for the first time, i forgot all my negative thoughts and fell in love at first sight.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 4:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011