Atheists never...

Have you seen these? What are your thoughts?

Atheists never

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 2:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Hadn't seen it before. And some are just untrue. I'm an atheist and I would totally steal something that looked like Jesus.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Uhmmm I think that when you go to links like this and are trying to figure out the stupidity that your reading the website is downloading all sorts of crap to your computer.........thats what I think.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh gosh, I only read the first 3 and stopped. It's derogatory and condescending.
    It's stuff like this that makes ALL atheists look bad-too others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't read the whole thing. I suppose it's true that Atheists never committed violent acts in the name of religion. I mean, of course it's true, or they wouldn't be Atheists. However, Atheists and Agnostics, are still human. Reasonable humans (at least in theory), but still human and still make mistakes,feel anger, jealousy and other negative emotions, and are sometimes even violent. The difference is that they must own the mistakes they make, and can't blame a god for telling them to commit some heinous act or crime or commit those crimes in the name of faith or god.  I suppose therein lies the difference.  We can't blame a devil or a god for the choices we make.  We have to accept those actions as our own doing, and can't shrug them off as the puppeteering of some supernatural force.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• what jsbenkert said :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well on the one case it is true in some of the statements but only based on the conditions of when or why it occured such as "while attending church services" because obviously atheists don't go to church. However that's about as far as the truth goes in those statements. Everything else has no religious condition or connotation associated with it so they are acts that can be committed by anyone Christian, Atheist, Pagan, Muslim, etc. They are not actions dependant on religion but on the individual and their instabilities or inability to distinguish right from wrong. So ultimately as an Atheist I have to disagree with the overall message that is being sent.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I took this as for humor purposes only. The teletubbies one made me laugh.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 1.) It is meant to be offensive
    So with that in mind you can shake your head at their "lameness" or you can give them what they want and be offended and outraged by it...

2.) It isn't directed at just Christianity but at all religions
    So at least they're equal opportunity offenders...

3.) People on both sides of these type of debates have way too much time on their hands...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL what jsbenket said as well. She hit it on the head
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Hey look at that, I found one that is absolutely 100% true.

Atheists Never...

believe in God.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011