How comfortable are you with your body around your children? adult content

Are you the type of person to get out of the bath and walk around the house in the buff?

Or do you immediately get dressed after getting out, or walk around in a robe?

I am very comfortable with my body, and I think part of that is because my mother was often nude around the house. Though with my daughter, I am rarely completely nude, I still don't tend to hide my body around my daughter, 3. (She still showers with me occasionally, and has been in the rest room with me, or watch me changed.)

What are you like?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 2:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• around my children, all modesty is thrown out the window. while i dont walk around the house naked, i do change in my room with my door open and if my kids happen to walk in, oh well. they're 4, 2, and 11 months, so none of them really care. my 2 year old does seem to be entertained by my nakedness, she'll watch me get dressed and say "belly, all done yet?" stuff like that. i sleep naked sometimes and in the morning i just throw on a robe until i get dressed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Im comfortable with my body and always have been. I dont walk around naked either lol. When my kids were little they would shower with me, and together sometimes. It was never a huge issue. They are now still comfortable with themselves, and in fact now that the older ones are older I have to tell them to put some clothes on LOL. My sons will come walking around in their boxers and I have to remind them they are not little anymore.

Answer by gemgem at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have always been comfortable around my son. I didn't and still don't make the body an issue. Our bodies are special and shouldn't be hidden or made to make people feel uncomfortable. I don't make a habit of walking around naked but I don't freak out if my son sees me naked. THe US is the only counrty that has issues with the human body and nakedness.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am very modest - very. I am encouraging my kids to be too. Bodies are special for yourself and your partner. Exceptions are cleaning help and medical care.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I still don't mind being naked around my 6 year old, but the 9 year old is starting to get into boobies and I hate having him look at my chest. I'm also trying to teach them about privacy, because while I may not mind, they can't grow up thinking everyone in the world has the same philosophy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my mom was always walking around naked..she even ironed clothes and stopped in her tracks to grab a dustrag to start dusting furniture, while in route to getting dressed. i think that kinda turned me off...i'm comfortable if ds happens to see me naked, or sitting on the toilet (heck, that happens daily!), but to waltz around naked for the heck of it? nahhhhh.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids are still babies, but they are boys, so it will come to a point I won't be nude around them everyday. But my mum and I are still naked around each other. I talk to her while she is in the tub if I'm at her house. And vice versa.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my kids are at the age that i don't parade around the house like i do while they are in school
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 2:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2011