how much did you get from taxes last year?

a how much dis you guys make ..and how many kids do you guys have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• We got about 3000 in fed taxes back last year. we make about 90 per year. married w/ 2 kids. we claim 4 on our taxes. However, we had to pay about 300 in state taxes last year.
    jessicajacobson

Answer by jessicajacobson at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We we're so lucky last yr. We got back almost $8000! We have 3 kids :)

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• wow how was tht !!!!! how much do you guys make a year?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• somehow we got 10k back. we have 3, but only claimed 2 because our 3rd was born in Jan. '10 so she wasn't claimable. he was in the army and that's were all of our earnings came from. i think even though we'll be claiming all 3 this year, we won't get near as much since he's been working at a regular hourly wage job.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• More than I paid in and plenty enough to pay off bills that I fell behind on during the year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 2 kids. Hubby works a normal/boring paycheck to paycheck job and I am disabled

Last year 3 things combined (state, federal, renter rebate) we made like 11,000 or just under. I hope this year is similar.... this is the first yr we have a child in school, though (private tuition) so some daycare/preschool and also school fees & tuition I have no clue what it'll do to the numbers
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We only got around $2200 last year. I was the only one working and in college so most of it came from that. I claimed 2 kids. This year DH is working and it looks like we will get around $7700 back. Woohoo.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Very little. I make sure that our deductions are right so I'm not letting the government borrow my money all year interest free! We have 5 kids and make somewhere in the 60Ks when you add everything up.

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 6K We have one child. We were estimated to get 10k this year so we shall see.
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I saw this question so i figured it was the right place to ask...Is there something that you can look at on the paystub that will give you an idea of how much you will get back?
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 3:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011