Why should abortion be illegal?

I really think that if it's made illegal it would cause more problems ie backwoods abortions. I consider myself to be pro-life but I really think it would do more harm...more kids in the system, more people on government assistance. I do think tighter regulations should be in place, though. So tell me, why should Roe v Wade be overturned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think abortion should be illegal. No women has the right to tell another women what is can or can not do to her body. They make it illegal and it will just cause problems it wont stop women from having abortions there is always going to be pro choice doctors out there who for the right price will do them anyway. Plus we will have more unwanted children in the system and more people looking for goverment help.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Don't get me wrong, I can see both sides (why some women would want abortions vs. why it is wrong) but I think that those who think it should be illegal are looking at it from the baby's rights. In abortion the baby is never taken into consideration, it is dehumanized into a "fetus", subjected to horrible torturous acts and ultimately murdered. So personally that's why I feel it needs to be regulated.....not sure about illegal though.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you are truely pro life you would be willing to take care of the kids that are born. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak. As for this debate, it is useless, because it will not be overturned. (Whether or not I want it to be.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It will never be overturned, but I am highly against abortions. I think they are horribleand I cannot imagine how anyone could have one, but I agree that overturning it could cause more harm then good. I just wish people thought about their options a little more before having a abortion.

MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• do these people realize how many woman and girls will die from back yard abortions if it is made illegal or how many woman and girls will commit suicide over it that's sad to think about

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Maybe if these people knew how dangerous getting it done in the "backwoods" was they'd think 5 times before having sex. I think it should be illegal. It's a sad world. Killing our babies....sigh.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think what is right for one person isnt right for another person. How dare another women tell me what im allowed to do with my body. Yes i think abortion should be more regulated there should be absolutly no second trimester abortions. Anything that isnt done by 12weeks should not be allowed. Maybe these women and girls shouldnt be having sex but they did and got pregnant and werent ready and whos to say someone will adopt that baby? we have so many unwanted children up for adoption and many mothers who should have never been mothers out there. Its nobodys right but the womens to choose what she does. everyone looks at it from the babys point of few well you know what baby doesnt know whats happening.
    Anonymous

• So basically you are saying that the mothers life is more important than their child's? So it's absolutely horrible if women have "backwoods" abortions and die, but it's perfectly okay to kill innocent babies just because the mom may not want them?

Oh....and my money IS where my mouth is. I'm a foster parent taking in unwanted children.
    Anonymous

• So if no one can tell another woman what she can or can't do with her body, can a woman grab her infant and jump in front of a bus with the infant in her arms because...its' her body...

Or is it not JUST her body anymore!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• For the same reasons that pedophilia, child abuse, and killing a newborn should be illegal.

Did you know that everyone who is for abortion has been born?

And everyone who was for slavery was free?

If that's not oppression, I don't know what is.

It's also for WOMEN'S RIGHTS - the rights for women who aren't born to be alive.
    Anonymous