my mother hates my husband because he is not working and i have debts

My husband comes from a disadvantaged background,he has been doing some part-time jobs, he is still trying to pay off his outstanding tuition fees, my mother hates him, she says he has put me in debts and doesn't want me to be in my marriage, we have an 18 months old son, she phones my mother-in-law and tell her that our son is skinny and we are so much in debt, please advice.

Pat2210

Asked by Pat2210 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Disadvantaged means he can't work? If he's doing various part-time jobs, he IS working. I wouldn't want my DD supporting her DH either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My mom was the same way and I never appreciated it until I saw my daughter marrying someone I couldnt stand. I would just talk to your mom and tell her you dont want to hear it.
    With my daughter I told her I couldnt stand her husband and think he is a lazy person who doesnt want to work and she deserves alot better. I wont harp on her and havent since because I think by doing that us moms tend to push our kids more into that situation and our daughters will hold onto a relationship that might otherwise fail if we just didnt butt in. Maybe tell your mom he is your choice and if things dont work out itll be because you learn something, and if they do work out, she is going to have to learn to live with your choices.

Answer by gemgem at 2:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• EW! Tell your mother to stay the hell out of your relationship.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• "because I think by doing that us moms tend to push our kids more into that situation and our daughters will hold onto a relationship that might otherwise fail if we just didnt butt in. "

Precisely!

OP, you say he is working part time jobs... do they add up to an aggregate of a full time job? If so, mom needs to BUTT OUT. And unless SHE is paying your bills, she should know NOTHING about them.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Your mom needs to butt out and you should tell her to do so as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Disadvantaged means , poor background
    Pat2210

Comment by Pat2210 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• There's only one way your mother could know your business and that's if someone is telling it to her. How would she know that your husband isn't working and he has you in debt? Its none of her business and from this point forward keep it none of her business...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I know what it means, I just wasn't if you were saying its why you were saying he doesn't work in the question. But more to the point, I don't see how your mother doesn't get that any job=working. Not sure what the vote down is for, but thanks whoever.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011