how can i have a busy life and still have a happy home?

I work about a 50 hr week and take three classes in college. i have a 15month old boy and a husband. we live with my mother in law so she helps a lot (i know a first). i feel like i am always rushing everything to get stuff done. i can feel my marriage falling apart because my husband irritates me so much. i resent him for missing everything my baby does because i have to work since he cant find a job. i see him trying to find one but i cant help but resent him for missing time with my son. any answers help and thanks to everyone.

JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Asked by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Thats so hard, you just have to remind yourself him taking good care of your son is just as important as your work. One day hopefully soon you can switch roles. Good LUCK

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• There is a Working Mom's Rule, you know. Nothing happens unless mom is there to see it. Which means you're not missing a thing. For now, you need to adopt that attitude because resentment will get you nowhere.

I'm guessing dad is taking care of the baby? Is it possible you're a little jealous that he's getting that time? If that's the case, do remember that jealousy only hurts you... no one else. You are doing what you must.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Your doing what needs to be done to maintain the family...instead of having resentment, try figuring out a solution...I work outside the home and when my youngest was in daycare, I knew I would miss a few of her first and invested in a Flip Video camera and gave it to the Daycare so I would enjoy seeing my baby taking her first steps too or saying a few words, crawling, etc...and since your MIL is taking care of the baby, I'm sure she wouldn't mind at all...Good luck...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011